Thursday 23 March 2017

The South London Beer Festival

The First South London Beer Festival finally happened! Were you there on Sunday March 19th? If not you missed out.





So after all these beer loving years - I finally did it! I made one of my dreams come true... I organised my first beer festival.

With the help of friends and the very kind generosity from the Tooting Tram & Social (for free venue use), I was able to make my dream happen. The event was made extra special, as all proceeds made on the day are being donated to The MS Society UK. But I'm not just raising money for charity... I'll be running/completing my first London Marathon, this April and have an over all target of £2, 000 to raise. Wish me luck!

With the help of some awesome South London Breweries, the fantastic team at the Tram and of course all those beer lovers who came on the day, I was able to make a fabulous amount of money - £760.47 to be precise. 
There was lots of organising before hand and pure hard labor on the day (moving most of the furniture in the Tram), which I couldn't of done without the help of my good friends Rachel Benedict and Aaron Harris both South London residents. Thank you guys, you are stars and I couldn't of done it without you.

So the first South London Beer Festival was born and with the success of the first, we are now busy discussing and organising the next event - watch this space for June 2017 and then hopefully every 3 months after.

I don't know about you, but a summer beer festival in Tooting is very exciting, celebrating more from our South London Breweries and local foodies!

If you missed the festival on Sunday then here's some highlights from the day!


The South London Beer Festival at Tooting Tram & Social

The Brewers set up their pitch ready to serve a thirsty crowd.
Myself, Rachel and Aaron collected donations throughout the day for The MS Society UK
By The Horns and Gipsy Hill Breweries were serving their beers upstairs at the Tram

New comers Villages Brewery and Big Smoke Brewery
Canopy Brewing Co and Anspach & Hobday
Local brewer Rocky Head and Craft Tooting sold beer from the breweries that couldn't make it.
Beer lovers were delighted to talk to brewers about the beer and Bullfinch Brewery from Herne Hill
Craft Tooting also selling micro brewery kits, fantastic natural beer from Earth Ale based in Balham
There was sandwiches and snacks from local restaurant Plot Kitchen and our favourite DJ Jonesy span some tunes to keep the party pumping.
There was delicious home-cooked chilli from local Tooting boy The Chilli Man UK, did you take the chilli challenge?

Thanks to everyone involved and everyone who came, I hope to see you at my next beer events. Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to find out more about my adventures. 

If you couldn't make it on Sunday and you'd still like to donate to The MS Society UK then please follow this link to my Just Giving Page

There will be more news and updates about all my future events coming soon!


Lot's of love LPD xxx

No comments: