Monday 20 November 2017

Gooce Singles Super Club



Excitement was in the air last Saturday 11th November 2017, I’d been invited to the first Gooce Singles Supper Club.


At around 7:45pm, me and my friend Angie arrived at a beautiful terraced house in Tooting and greeted at the door by two lovely ladies called Gabi and Luce (Gooce). They took my coat and ushered me through to the front room, which was already buzzing with ladies and gents eagerly chatting and finding out more about their fellow dinner dates for the evening. It seemed that the night was already in full swing, we were handed a rose water fizz cocktail, along with some canapes and tasty nibbles - finally... my nerves began to ease.


 Whilst trying to remember everyone’s name, I moved on to my second fizz cocktail and grabbed the chance to chat to Gabi and Luce about why they decided to open their home to a bunch of single strangers. They told me that after years of cooking and putting on dinner parties for friends and family, along with their love of cooking, why not give a supper club a go and hopefully set up a few dates, with some tasty plates along the way.

We were soon invited through to the dining room, where a beautifully prepared table sat ready for guests, each spot marked with a place name made from super cute scrabble letters. The napkins all had an individual napkin ring, an array of plates, glasses and candles made the table look ready for a fancy feast - amazing attention to detail.


 To start, we were served a goat’s cheese and walnut salad on a bed of rocket leaves, along with delicious home-cooked bread, fresh and still warm from the oven. I particularly enjoyed the goats cheese in this dish, it was so soft, a melt in your mouth kind of tendency and left me wanting more!



Next came a large serving dish of prawns, two on a skewer; these were passed around, along with padron peppers, vegetable paella and many different leafy salads. The prawns... oh the prawns, all cooked to perfection, I had to go back for thirds and I think I had six altogether.



For dessert, a fluffy Greek yogurt ice cream with roasted figs and a crunchy almond praline. This was perfectly sweet, sugary and went together so nicely.

 After a perfectly balanced meal, with attention to pleasing everyone’s taste buds and dietary requirements, a plate of homemade red and fluffy Turkish delight made its way to the table. Gabi and Luce explained to us all that rose water is often used in Indian Desserts, and they wanted to include the local culture in their first Tooting supper club – what a lovely touch.


With the wine still flowing and guests still chatting away, I do believe that the first Gooce Supper Club was a total success.

Unfortunately, on this occasion, I didn’t meet the man of my dreams, but I did make many new friends and I would definitely do it again. The setting was beautiful; the food simply delicious and meeting Gabi and Luce was amazing too – such wonderful inspiring ladies.


Gabi and Luce are now planning more events in Tooting and hope to put on many more singles supper clubs at their gorgeous house, and I wish them every success.

If you’re looking for a wonderful but different way to meet new people and find a possible date, then book your ticket for the next Gooce Singles Supper Club here.

Find out more about Gooce Supper Clubs on their website and follow them on Instagram.

1 comment: